This vegetable soup will warm your soul this season. It’s vegan friendly!
First of all, I have to say that this is an amazing, tasty and wholesome recipe. If you are in an area where you can get to a farmers market, then do it. Potatoes have a great shelf life, so if you have some from the last trip you made in the early Fall, then use them.
I think this is a great recipe that people will love because of that fact that it is a VEGAN recipe. You can, however, add your own chicken into the broth to make it an actual chicken soup.
Osem Consomme is labeled as kosher and pareve. This means that it has no meat and no dairy products in it.
The Osem Company is an Israeli based company that is in partnership with Nestle. I’m sure that there are some people who are boycotting these companies because of it, but to me, food is food, products are products, and yes, human beings are human beings. None of this is why I am posting this recipe!
If you make this soup, I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback.
Before you begin:
I don’t recall how long it actually took to make. This all depends on how small you cut your vegetables and how long you are cooking your noodles or pasta for. It is important to follow the cooking instructions for the consomme as that should be added towards the end.
There really isn’t a need for salt, but if you must, I’d recommend sea salt.
Vegetable Soup in Chickenless Chicken Broth
- 6 or 7 halved, then quartered locally grown, baby gold or cut up gold potatoes (more skin means more nutrients – leave it on)
- 1 – 14.5 oz (411 g) Trader Joe’s Mirepoix: celery, carrots and onions (These come chopped up in the package.)
- A tablespoon (or more, as necessary) of Osem Consomme
- 1 cup elbow pasta (I used Barilla.)
Pepper to taste
1. put water, potatoes, and veggies into a large pot
2. Bring this to a boil.
3. Add pasta. Cook pasta until desired tenderness is reached.
4. While pasta is still boiling, add soup mix. Bring to boil while stirring. Reduce heat to a simmer for 3 minutes.
*I do not work for, nor am I in any way affiliated with Osem. I just like their products.