“I don’t even have an iPhone!”
When I first saw this photo on my Facebook feed, this was my first thought. Of course, curiosity gets the best of us and we are only human, so I had to see for myself.
I checked my iTunes Store from my computer and there it was in my purchases. I am not complaining; I downloaded it and I intend on listening to it. However, I noticed that other people are, so I posted the above statement and photo (to my own, personal feed, then thought it would make a better article) AFTER I Googled the band, U2 and found an article with information explaining Apple’s response to the complaints.
To get the album for free:
- Get the album at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/songs-of-innocence/id915794155.
- If you already have iTunes, click the button that says “I Have iTunes.”
- An “External Protocol Request” will pop up. Click “Launch Application” to start your iTunes program.
- Select where it says to download the album for free.
To access it from your purchases:
- Go to your Store’s “Home” screen.
- Select “Purchases” from the list on the right.
- You will find “Songs of Innocence under the list of albums that are not already on your device.
- Click the little cloud and arrow button to download it to your device.
If you would like to remove it, you can go to itunes.com/soi-remove.
Once it is removed, it will no longer be available for you to re-download as a previous purchase. You will have to buy it. This was Apple’s quick response to the complaints.
Personally, I’m not a fan, but I was curious since people were saying that it was an iPhone thing. Since I don’t have an iPhone, I decided to check it out on my PC’s Store. I think it’s cool that Apple decided to buy over 500 million people in 119 countries a gift. They are doing this to promote their newest models of phones; the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. 4.7 and 5.5 inches, some new features and a new device called iWatch. (Which, by the way, resembles Android Wear. I’m sure there are many key differences, but don’t be surprised to see an updated model release from Android and Google Play soon.)
Have you listened to the album yet? Do you like U2? What are your thoughts and opinions on Apple sending us gifts like this?
Apple releases U2 album removal tool